JFS MetroWest offers a variety of services for individuals with disabilities.
We provide services for children with learning differences and specials needs, Support Coordination for individuals eligible through the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities, and Coordinated Care for family members of individuals with disabilities.
If you are experiencing a crisis or psychiatric emergency, please click here for a list of resources.
Click on the links below to learn more about our services for individuals with disabilities:
Children With Learning Differences and Special Needs
JFS MetroWest provides resources for children with learning, behavioral, physical, developmental, neurological, and emotional challenges.
- Information & referral
- Navigating the public & private systems of care & advocating for your child
- Planning & coordination of services
- Support groups & workshops for parents and siblings
- Social skills groups
Support Coordination is a complimentary case management service for individuals with Medicaid found eligible through the state of New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities. Our compassionate Support Coordinators meet with individuals and their designated support teams to understand their needs, learn about their ambitions, and create tailored plans that will lead to a meaningful life. Support Coordinators assist in accessing day programs, medical supports, employment services, and social and educational opportunities.
Support Coordination strives to promote individual choice and community inclusiveness.
JFS MetroWest is a State of NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities approved Support Coordination Agency.
To understand the timeline for students who have exhausted their education entitlement by turning 21 years of age within the 2018/2019 school year, click here.
- Navigate the complex system of care for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Develop an Individualized Service Plan, based on personal ambitions, which outlines goals and expected outcomes, basic health and safety information, and the level of assistance needed for daily living.
- Connect a person to all appropriate services and resources including day programs, transportation, medical services, family supports, fitness facilities, educational classes, employment supports, and social opportunities.
- Monitor self-directed budgets to verify services are being delivered and billed accurately.
Contact us : 973-765-9050 or email email@example.com
“When my daughter graduated, I did not know what to expect from the ‘adult world.’ We were extremely lucky that we had Maggie as our Support Coordinator. She is truly dedicated. Maggie constantly communicated information on funding and services, so I always knew I was making the best decision for my daughter. Maggie has her future at heart. We will stay with her as long as she’ll have us!” – Jeannella M.
“Life after 21 was a very emotional and challenging time for me. My son was graduating from the school district and I didn’t know what to expect for him as an adult. He was assigned Maggie M. as his Support Coordinator and that was the best thing that could have happened. Maggie was informative, dedicated and wholehearted. Working with Maggie not only made the transition to Life after 21 an easy process, it was well put together for my son’s personal needs. Maggie is truly a gem in this world that sometimes seems unfair and unjust to those with disabilities. She works hard to assure their needs are met. I’m truly thankful I’ve had the opportunity to work with Maggie.” – Aisha B
Coordinated Care of MetroWest
Coordinated Care of MetroWest (CCM) assists and supports individuals, families, and/or caregivers living in Greater MetroWest who are overseeing the lifetime care of adults with developmental or acquired disabilities. CCM will ensure ongoing individualized and personal concern for such individuals with disabilities who may survive their caregivers or whose caregivers are not available to support them. Our services include:
- Information and Referral: CCM is facilitated in coordination with Greater MetroWest ABLE, JFS will provide a response to questions and concerns about entitlements (Medicaid, Social Security, etc) and resources (home care, medical referrals, recreation, etc).
- Advocacy: CCM will aid individuals, families, and/or caregivers in negotiating and advocating for services that enhance the life of the individual with a disability.
- Support Groups: CCM will offer support groups for the individual with the disability and/or guardians, family members, and caregivers.
- Identifying Socialization Opportunities: CCM will identify providers and resources in the community which may include day programs, transportation, medical services, family supports, and social opportunities.
- Community Education Seminars: CCM will offer seminars alone or in partnership with other organizations.
- Short and Long Term Case Management: CCM will offer individualized plans tailored to unique situations and needs.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-765-9050.
Other Partners in Coordinated Care of MetroWest
Greater MetroWest ABLE was created by the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ as a network of community leaders and professionals dedicated to advocating for and supporting individuals with disabilities and their families. Greater MetroWest ABLE provides education and raises awareness in the community about individuals with disabilities and works with area families, synagogues, and local agencies to create a community that is made whole by the meaningful inclusion of all its members.
PLAN NJ: Coordinated Care of MetroWest has established a referral relationship with PLAN NJ which provides comprehensive support services to address the long term needs of enrolled CCM clients including Special Needs Trust Administration, Home Visit Monitoring, Guardianship, and Representative Payee Services.