The Center for Mindfulness at JFS MetroWest NJ is dedicated to teaching individuals how to use powerful mindfulness based tools to manage stress and enjoy new health and well-being.
Studies have shown that the practice of mindfulness profoundly affects every aspect of our lives –our bodies, minds, physical health and our emotional well-being.
Services are delivered by highly trained social workers.
Click on the links below to learn more about our Mindfulness Services:
What is Mindfulness?
Jewish Family Service provides resources for children with learning, behavioral, physical, developmental, neurological, and emotional challenges.
Mindfulness is the awareness that comes from paying attention in the present moment to thoughts, feelings and body sensations with full acceptance.
It is a simple, yet powerful practice that gives you tools to build a foundation of clarity and stability in the midst of life’s rockiest times.
From this place of stability, you can enjoy the joys and challenges of life with a renewed sense of energy and balance.
How Can Mindfulness Help Me?
- Increases your ability to cope with stress, pain, and other health conditions
- Increases positive emotional states, improving your relationship with yourself and others
- Positively impacts cognitive functioning, improving your memory, reaction time, and mental stamina
- Boosts immune system to help fight off colds, flu, and other diseases
- Decreases anxiety, depression, and irritability
- Supports positive mood, better sleep, and digestion
Offerings of the Center for Mindfulness at JFS MetroWest NJ
- Free Information Sessions
- Introduction to Mindfulness – Six Week Course
- In Service Trainings for Staff at Mental Health and Health Care Agencies
- Presentations, Courses, and Educational Programs for Institutions, Organizations, and Community Groups (We can customize the programs and presentations to provide maximum benefit to your audience).
- Bi-Weekly Drop in Groups
- Specialized offerings for Teens, Caregivers and Women Living with High Conflict Relationships.