At Every Stage, at Every Age, We Are Here to Help.
Guided by the wisdom and values of our tradition of respect for all people, Jewish Family Service of MetroWest New Jersey provides innovative, compassionate, and outstanding social services to enhance the independence and well-being of individuals and families throughout all stages of life.
Jewish Family Service of MetroWest aims to be the premier agency within the MetroWest New Jersey area providing for the social services and mental health needs of the greater community with unparalleled professionalism, humanity, and respect for all who seek its support.
JFS MetroWest has been helping families and individuals of all ages manage life’s challenges since 1861. JFS is the MetroWest community’s premier mental health and social service agency providing comprehensive behavioral healthcare and related social services to over 6,000 members of the Jewish and general communities in Essex, Morris, Sussex, North Union, and lower Hudson Counties.
JFS MetroWest is committed to inclusive programming. JFS MetroWest does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, nationality, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. Please call 973-765-9050 to discuss how we can help you.
Click the links below to learn more about JFS MetroWest:
JFS of MetroWest NJ is a licensed provider from the State of New Jersey, Department of Human Services, Office on Licensing, for the provision of Outpatient Mental Health Counseling.
Jewish Family Service of MetroWest employs social service professionals in various capacities.
A High Quality Staff Dedicated to Excellence
JFS MetroWest’s direct service staff hold advanced degrees with an average of over 20 years of experience. In addition, as a learning organization, we have a consistent commitment to continuing education in client services.
JFS employees have an extremely high level of satisfaction with their work. The employee satisfaction survey completed in June 2016 shows that:
- 97% of all staff are proud to work for JFS.
- 88% agree that senior administration cares about their ideas.
- 97% see the link between their work and organizational objectives.
Case manager, PT to work with 55+ in Montclair, NJ. Responsible for case management with complex individuals, information and referral, crisis prevention, resource connection and follow-up, community engagement, policy input related to creating an age-friendly community.
Requirements: BSW/LSW, experience with older adults, knowledge of resources and entitlements. Excellent communication and organizational skills
Social Worker (LCSW only) to provide clinical services to older adults. Position requires home visits to seniors, counseling and case management services, strong oral and written communication skills and knowledge of senior resources. Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like us to have your resume on file, please email or fax it to:
- FAX: (973) 765-0195
It is the policy of Jewish Family Service of MetroWest to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, or any other classification protected by law in all employment practices, including hiring, recruitment, promotion, demotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state or local law, JFS will make reasonable accommodations, where appropriate, to enable otherwise qualified, disabled individuals to become or remain employed.
Community Consultation Services
JFS provides consultation services in the community enabling residential facilities and schools to focus on their clients, residents, members and students, using the objectivity of a professional to provide quality services in that particular setting.
During FY 2016/17, JFS social workers are providing staff consultation and direct services at:
- Daughters of Israel
- Essex County Family Justice Center (providing clinical counseling, case management and legal services for victims of domestic violence)
- Jewish Community Housing Corporation (all HUD subsidized residences of the JCHC, with social work staffing from the JFS HouseCalls Program)
- JCC MetroWest (Senior Centers, JCC Memory Center, Early Childhood Department)
- JSDD (to support residents of Jewish Service for the Developmentally Disabled who are aging)
- Golda Och Academy (Lower School)
- Gottesman RTW Academy
- Area synagogues, congregational religious schools, pre-schools and sister agencies – through the JFS Synagogue Caring Coalition (Adath Shalom in Morris Plains, Agudath Israel in Caldwell, B’nai Jeshurun in Short Hills and Ner Tamid in Bloomfield as well as the Early Childhood Center at Temple Sharey Tefilo Israel in South Orange) and on demand.