We're Here To Help
For Older Adults
We’re Here to Grow With You
A variety of services are available to assist older adults and their families in coping with the complexities of the aging process.
A Range of Services to Promote Well-Being
JFS services and programs for older adults and their families are delivered by a dedicated staff of licensed clinical social workers specializing in the field of geriatrics. A range of services are available to assist older adults and their families in coping with the complexities of the aging process. JFS is committed to providing high-quality services to promote the well-being of community members by utilizing evidence-based modalities in a caring, compassionate manner, with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Geriatric Consultations & Assessments
- Geriatric Care Management
- Caregiver Support
- Chai Café Hudson County Kosher Nutrition Site
- Elderlink: Information & Referrals
- Emergency Safety Net Financial Assistance
- Hebrew Free Loan of NJ
- Holocaust Survivor Services
- HouseCalls: In-Home Social Work Services
- Hudson County Services
- Kosher Meals on Wheels: Hudson County
- Senior Resource Connect, A Service of the AJFCA Network
- SHIP Coordinator for Essex County (State Health Insurance Assistance Program). SHIP Hotline: 973-637-1717
SHIP provides free objective confidential help to NJ Medicare beneficiaries who have questions about Medicare, Medigap, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Part D and Long-Term Care Insurances. SHIP is a statewide program sponsored by the NJ Department of Human Services, Division of Aging Services, supported in part by a grant from the US Administration for Community Living (ACL), Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C.
All JFS services are offered on a non-discriminatory basis. JFS of MetroWest NJ is licensed by the State of New Jersey as a provider of outpatient mental health counseling services. We have managed care contracts with most insurance companies. Insurance plan benefits vary, and our intake specialist can help you to determine your level of insurance coverage. JFS accepts Medicare and Medicaid plans. Clients can self-pay for services, and we offer a subsidized sliding scale for those requiring financial assistance.