RSVP Center of Essex & Hudson Counties
Retired & Senior Volunteer Program
RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties is a comprehensive community service organization sponsored by JFS MetroWest designed to mobilize members of the community who are 55+ to give back to their own neighborhoods in Essex and Hudson counties through volunteer services.
Interested in becoming a volunteer with RSVP?
For potential volunteers, RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties provides a single location where they can review a number of local volunteer opportunities and receive the help of a trained Volunteer Coordinator. This assistance ensures that volunteers are placed in a position that matches their skills, desired time commitment and interests.
Click Here for a list of agencies seeking volunteers.
Click Here to apply to be a volunteer.
Click Here to learn about RSVP in Hudson County.
RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson County Newsletters:
Click Here to read our Fall 2015 newsletter
- Adults who are at least 55 years of age are eligible for the RSVP program
- Participate in meaningful, challenging, and interesting volunteer opportunities
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn new skills or share current abilities with others
- Receive free supplemental accident, liability, and automobile insurance while traveling to and from volunteer assignments
- Attend an annual recognition event
Where They Serve
- RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties has numerous volunteer opportunities available throughout our service area. Each volunteer opportunity is different; requiring different skills, level of commitment, and training.
A few examples of some of the opportunities available are:
- Be a mentor to a student who is struggling in school
- Aid seniors with daily tasks such as bill paying
- Provide support to victims of domestic violence
If you would like to learn more about these or other opportunities contact Stephanie Grove at 973-637-1766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Reporter: For Current Volunteers
Information for Community Partners
For our Partner Agencies, RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties can assist with active volunteer recruitment in the community and provide initial screening and matching of potential volunteers. Trained staff members can assist in all areas of volunteer management and volunteer program development.
Benefits of using RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties to help recruit volunteers for your agency include:
- Additional recognition opportunities for volunteers
- Listing on all of our recruitment websites
- Spotlight in our E-news updates
- Feature in our Quarterly Newsletter
- Access to training and development materials
- Insurance coverage for volunteers
If you would like to become a partner of RSVP of Essex and Hudson Counties, please call 973-637-1766 or email Stephanie Grove, the RSVP Director of Essex and Hudson Counties at email@example.com.
RSVP is a federally funded program of the Corporation for National & Community Service whose mission is to provide opportunity for individuals 55 years of age and older to provide volunteer service in their community. It has over 500,000 members nationwide.
If you are interested in supporting Jewish Family Service of MetroWest, the communities we serve or the RSVP program, please call 973-765-9050.
RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties
Sponsored by Jewish Family Service of MetroWest New Jersey
256 Columbia Turnpike, Suite 105
Florham Park, NJ 07932